Friday, September 3, 2010

Chocolate chip cookies

I think we have finally found our new cookie recipe!  I changed around Elena's cookie until it fit our desires.  This recipe makes a really soft cookie. 

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 ½ cups almond flour (make sure to press the flour into the measuring cups)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick of butter, melted
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ cup honey
1 egg, beaten
1 cup dark chocolate pieces 
  1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
  2. Stir together wet ingredients in a smaller bowl
  3. Mix wet ingredients into dry
  4. Form ½ inch balls and press onto a parchment lined baking sheet (a mini-scoop is really good for this)
  5. Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes
  6. Cool on the parchment paper and serve
Tips:  *I add the egg last so I can taste the cookie dough first and adjust the sweetener, amount of chocolate chips, vanilla, etc.
          *I recommend that you cool the cookies on the parchment paper.  They are so soft they might fall apart hot out of the oven on a cooling rack.

Makes 24 cookies
 
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as we do!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I do love Elana's cookies, but have you tried these from Mark's Daily Apple? They are more cookie like and not as soft!

I really love your blog!!

Amy

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-holiday-desserts/