Monday, July 26, 2010

Lunch update - day 1

Today for lunch we had mini-meatballs, slices of mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce for dipping, and fresh peaches.  Hannah and Ben gobbled it up!  Yay!

I think today's success was due to:
1)  Hannah spent all morning at Vacation Church School and was definitely hungry when she got home.
2)  I gave the kids toothpicks to eat their mini-meatballs.  I guess that makes it a bit more fun.

This lunch took longer to prepare than a peanut butter and jelly sandwich but it was worth it.  I made the sauce last night and put some in the freezer for future use.  The mini-meatballs were made while Hannah was at church and just heated up when we got home.  Peaches are apparently Hannah's favorite fruit this week so I expect to be serving them a lot in the near future.

Hopefully tomorrow's lunch will be a hit too!

No comments: