Monday, July 26, 2010

Lunchtime changes

Last week during a dinner of turkey burgers and sweet potato fries Hannah asked if I would make that for her every night.  I saw my opportunity and replied that I would be happy to make it for her everyday for lunch if she would give up the daily pb&j.

This is a huge step for Hannah.  Hannah LOVES bread and pasta.  I think her idea of a perfect day is toast for breakfast, pb&j for lunch, and macaroni and cheese for dinner.  Obviously this is not my idea of a perfect day.  I'm so happy that she is becoming more open to the possibility of no (or at least limited) bread/pasta.

I plan to make pretty much any paleo meal she wants this week for lunch.  She has already requested turkey burgers so that will definitely be on the menu at least once.  I am also planning mini meatballs, tuna, eggs & bacon.  I'll let Hannah have a good bit of control over the lunch menu so hopefully she will eat!

This week I will post twice a day.  The morning will be a "regular" post on exciting topics such as food colorings and marketing to children.  The evening post will be an update to our new lunch situation.

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Fairion said...

Oh my what a tremendous step. I look forward to seeing how it goes.