Thursday, July 29, 2010
I created this dish one night when I was craving lasagna. My family likes it better than "regular" lasagna. Both kids gobble it up.
1 lb. ground buffalo (you can substitute any ground or diced meat)
1 onion, chopped
5 medium zucchini, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans diced tomatoes, drained
15 oz. ricotta cheese
1.5 cups mozzarella cheese
1. Brown the buffalo with the chopped onion.
2. In another pan, heat the olive oil and garlic. Sauté the zucchini and carrots until they are tender.
3. In a separate pot, combine the tomatoes and the italian seasoning. Heat until bubbly.
4. Spread some of the tomato sauce on the bottom of an oven-proof baking dish.
5. Alternate layers of ingredients (veggies, buffalo, dollops of ricotta cheese, sauce) in any fashion you like.
6. Top with the mozzarella cheese.
7. Cover and bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Remove the cover and bake an additional 5 minutes.