The honey vendor is back at the farmer's market! He sells several different types of local honey, bee pollen, and honey products. We always try to buy local honey for the health benefits:
* Local honey helps reduce allergies to local flowers and trees. Think of it as a sweet allergy shot.
* Honey by the spoonful is great for soothing a sore throat.
* Honey has antioxidant and antibacterial properties that support the immune system.
* Honey can be used to help speed wound healing.
* Honey contains a variety of vitamins and minerals.
Honey is our favorite sweetener. We swirl a bit in hot tea for a comforting healthy drink. What is your favorite way to use honey? Do you try to find local honey?