I found this recipe on Elena's Pantry website and adapted it to suit our pantry staples.
Primal Pancakes - makes 12 small pancakes (I recommend doubling the recipe for a family)
¼ cup honey
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups almond flour*
½ teaspoon baking soda
coconut oil for sautéing
- In a blender, combine eggs, honey and vanilla and blend on high until smooth.
- Add almond flour, baking soda, and a large sprinkling of cinnamon and blend again to incorporate dry ingredients into batter.
- Let batter sit for 15-20 minutes to thicken up
- Warm coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Ladle a small amount of pancake batter onto skillet. I used about an 1/8th of a cup per pancake.
- Pancakes will form little bubbles, when bubbles open, flip pancakes over and cook other side
- Remove from heat to a plate.
- Repeat process with remaining batter, adding more oil to skillet as needed.
Honey Cinnamon Butter
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
Beat softened butter with a mixer until it is creamy. Slowly add honey and cinnamon until it seems like enough. Store in the fridge.
I know, I know. That is a horrible set of directions. What kind of recipe doesn't include quantities? I didn't measure anything when I made this the other night, just eyeballed it. You can add just enough to make it exactly the way you like it.
*If you don't have any almond flour in your pantry you can make your own. Simply grind raw almonds in a coffee grinder until you have a fine powder. I tried to do this with a food processor and it grind the almonds into a fine enough powder.