I cook almost every meal and snack for my family so I like to keep my kitchen stocked with the items we use most. Here are the top 5 items my primal kitchen needs at all times:
1) Coconut oil - This is my first choice for cooking oils. Nothing else comes close.
2) Almonds - This is one of the most versatile foods in my house. We eat them whole, chop them up to add to recipes, and even grind our own almond flour. Store them in the freezer to prevent them from going rancid.
3) Bacon - We almost always have nitrate-free bacon (or pig as Hannah calls it) in the house. A little goes a long way towards imparting flavor on an otherwise bland dish.
4) Eggs - This is my standard breakfast. They are frequently an ingredient in many recipes.
5) Spinach - This is a very versatile leafy green veggie. I add it to casseroles, saute it, and make it into salads.
What are the staples in your kitchen?